Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Freeman Avocado & Oatmeal Clay Mask

I didn't start using masks until just last year! I don't know what I was waiting for. The first mask I ever purchased was Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque. I bought it at a Dollar General, but I have seen it at a few other places as well. It's really cheap, only $3 I think. It got me hooked on trying masks! I will give a review on it after trying more Freeman Beauty masks! So, skin background... I have combination skin that can be pretty sensitive (thanks to being a fair skinned strawberry blonde) and I have struggled with acne for quite a while. I also have large pores and redness that I despise.

I recently went to Walmart in search of facial masks by Freeman Beauty. They have quite a few kinds! After watching and reading some reviews online and visiting the Freeman Beauty website, I decided on a few I wanted to try. Pictured below is the one I am reviewing right now, Avocado & Oatmeal Clay Mask, as well as two others I wanted to try, Charcoal & Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask and the Blue Agave Hydrating Paper Mask. I also included the Queen Helene mask in the photo that I mentioned above. I'll review the others as I try them! :) The big tube (6 oz) was only $3.27 and the smaller packages (.5 oz) were $1.37 each. I could only find three of the masks in the larger tubes at the store, but most of the other masks were available in the small packs.


The back of the package says: "Nourish and purify with one amazing mask! Rich clays dive deep to purge dirt and oils from pores. Nutrient-rich Vitamin E, Avocado and Oatmeal moisturize for lasting skin softness. Skin looks and feels squeaky clean and is soft to the touch. Perfect for normal to combination skin."

The directions read: "Apply mask to face and neck, avoiding contact with eyes. Let dry and rinse with warm water. Use two times a week or as often as needed."




Instead of making a mess on my hands, I applied the mask with my e.l.f. foundation brush ($1) and rinsed it when I was done. After my shower and cleansing my face, I applied a thin layer of the mask all over my face and down my neck a little. The mask is a light green color and smells like most oatmeal products I've used... very yummy. lol The consistency is pretty thick, but it didn't seem as thick as the Queen Helene mask. It was easy to spread around my face with the brush.
 



After about 15 minutes, the mask was completely dry. I have a closeup here to show how how weird it is that it allows you to see all your pores! lol They are soaking this stuff up! As the mask dried it didn't burn, but had kind of a cooling sensation. It is very hard to show emotion when the mask is dry since you skin feels tight... as shown in the other photo!




I used a washcloth to rinse my face with warm water. My face felt squeaky clean and soft. It does slightly dry out the skin (might be different for oily skin), so I used a little of my For Goodness Face moisturizer by Mark. I also noticed that a few bumps on my chin that were painful before using the mask, felt soothed once I rinsed it off. I will continue using this once a week (after trying the other masks) and see if it helps with my acne any. Yay for refreshed pores!

So far, I recommended this mask to anyone with oily or combo skin who wants a simple clay mask that gives you a deep clean and soft to the touch skin. Using a mask like this can be quite relaxing and refreshing! I would advise a little moisturizer though if you feel it has that slight drying effect on your skin like it did mine. It's been over 24 hours since I used the mask and my skin still feels so good. I wish it felt like this every day! I should have taken a before picture, but I was so excited that I forgot! Next time!

3 comments:

  1. I always fear masks because I don't want my face to dry out. However I want smaller pores!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mint julep one I talked about before seemed to shrink my pores when I used it. This one not so much, but still makes my face feel soooo good. lol

      Delete