Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

One of my current favorite face masks is Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque. I bought mine at a Dollar General for I believe $2.99 or $3.99. Either way, it is a great deal for the 8 oz tube of mask! This is a clay mask just like the other mask I reviewed (Freeman Avocado & Oatmeal Mask). I will mention again that I have combination skin that can be pretty sensitive, I have struggled with acne for quite a while, and I also have large pores and redness.

 


Instead of making a mess on my hands, I applied the mask with my e.l.f. foundation brush ($1) and rinsed it when I was done. After my shower and cleansing my face, I applied a thin layer of the mask all over my face and down my neck a little. The mask is a light green color and smells like mint. As a warning, it can make your skin tingle a little. The consistency is thick. It is quite a bit thicker, in my opinion, than the Freeman Avocado & Oatmeal mask I recently tried. Keep the cap shut tightly so this doesn't dry out.
Here are pictures of my sorrowful pores and red, dry skin. Yucky!



After applying the mask, let it dry for 15 to 20 minutes. Look at these crackles! As with the other mask, you can see my pores too. I used a washcloth to rinse my face with warm water. My face felt squeaky clean and soft. It does a great job on the spots where I get oily. My face is matte and no longer shiny. It does slightly dry out the skin (might be different for oily skin), so I used a little of my For Goodness Face moisturizer by Mark on the dryer areas of my face.







Here is my face after the mask was washed off.
My skin is smooth, soft, less irritated looking and my pores were smaller than before.

I would recommend this mask to anyone who wants to minimize their pores while getting a fresh, clean face with this relaxing mask. As mentioned, people with dry areas might want to use some moisturizer. :) I am already half way done with this tube and I know I will be repurchasing this!

No comments:

Post a Comment