Thursday, August 28, 2014

August 2014 Ipsy Bag & Look

If you have never heard of Ipsy, check out their website to learn more!
This is my second Glam Bag! I like the products, but they are super small sample sizes this month. I know it's a sample subscription, but boy are these tiny! lol

Take a look at everything I got in my bag this month, with swatches and more info. I also created a look with all the products from the bag!

The bag this month is round and white with orange polka dots and zipper. The theme is "beauty schooled" and it reminds me a little of a pencil case. :) 



The Products

1. URBAN DECAY - Perversion Mascara
2. LORD & BERRY - Silk Kajal Kohl Eye Pencil
3. COASTAL SCENTS - Shadow Palette Sample - Set 28
4. ABSOLUTE - You're the Balm - Green Apple
5. DR. BRANDT - Pores No More - Pore Refiner

Color Swatches & Info

1. URBAN DECAY - Perversion Mascara

"Get bigger, blacker, badder lashes with our ultra-creamy, lengthening and volumizing mascara. So intense you might need a safe word, Perversion glides on and gets you sexy in one stroke. (Yet it won’t quit until you say when.) It’s insane how black it is…the purest, deepest, most intense black color imaginable.  Perversion has a creamy, full-bodied texture that’s not too dry, not too wet. This allows just the right amount of “pull” so it glides through lashes. The result: incredible control for insane lashes. Go ahead and pile on coat after coat. Want to apply more before you go out at night? No problem. Even if it’s been all day since you applied, more Perversion always means more beautiful lashes. Our formula NEVER gets brittle or clumpy." 

I actually do like this mascara... but I don't think I want to pay $20 for it! It does seem very creamy though. It glides on super smooth. I didn't notice clumping either. The results below are after only one coat of Perversion.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2. LORD & BERRY - Silk Kajal Kohl Eye Pencil

"A kohl eye pencil that lines, defines and shades the eyes with rich colour and a silky-smooth finish.
Ophthalmologist tested and gentle enough to be used on the inner eye."


Tiny little pencil. The full size is $15. I would have to agree with the description above, but I wouldn't want to use this anywhere it might come into contact with wetness. From my experience with kohl pencils, they smudge pretty easily, yeah?


 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

3. COASTAL SCENTS - Shadow Palette Sample - Set 28

"Coastal Scents Shadow Palette Samples are an ideal way to try these highly pigmented, stunning shadows. Each miniature-sized palette offers four specially selected, complementary shades to create a variety of looks."

I got the more tame colors this round. Very pretty though! They are super soft and the pigmentation is great! I could use these colors in quite a few different combinations too. The colors in this palette are: Cocoa Diamond, Reef Coral, Rainstorm and Bronze Peach.


  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

4. ABSOLUTE - You're the Balm - Green Apple

"Treat your lips with the ultra-moisturizing Duo Lip Balms from Absolute New York. Our lightly tinted, creamy, conditioning formula softens, smoothens, and protects lips for a seriously kissable pout. Discover this must-have duo for sensationally soft and luscious lips!"

 I recieved green apple, but it reminds me more of watermelon. In my opinion it smells pretty yummy and goes on thinly and smoothly. Popping this nomnom in my purse. It has a very light pink tint. Also the only full sized product in this months bag.


  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

5. DR. BRANDT - Pores No More - Pore Refiner

"A cult favorite, Pores No More Pore Refiner Primer is Dr. Brandt’s quick fix for flawless, photo-ready skin. It is the miracle base to create the perfect skin canvas for long-lasting makeup and well-preserved skin. This velvety formula absorbs excess oil, minimizes pores, blurs fine lines and is resistant to sweat and humidity. Prime, touch-up and treat while perfecting your makeup."

Well, I was impressed. I hate my big pores and I saw a noticeable difference very quickly when I put this just on one area of my cheek. I'll only use it on special occasions because this baby is $45 for an ounce! It is a light flesh tone in color and smells a bit like an acne cream medicine. I can see why it's one of their best sellers.


The August 2014 Glam Bag Look

Here ya go! I used the Coastal Scents eyeshadows, Lord  & Berry eyeliner and the Urban Decay mascara. :) Quite a nice "natural" kind of look. Simple for back to school too. Can't go wrong with some nice neutral eyeshadow. Brown shades are always my go to colors.



 

1 comment: