Saturday, December 27, 2014

Watercolor Haul

Alas! I have a new camera! Special thanks to my parental units for getting me a new camera for Christmas after my outdated one decided it didn't want to function properly. I am beyond happy. I really missed taking pictures!

My boss got me a Hobby Lobby gift card for Christmas, so I went straight away to pick up some new watercolor supplies! I would have preferred the better quality paints, but I didn't want to spend a fortune. I decided since I am no professional, I am going to try "The Fine Touch" brand from Hobby Lobby. I also picked up some brushes, paper pads, a little sealable pallet and a waterproof ink pen. Get closeups and more info below! :)

I got a cheap set of $5.99 round camel brushes in the sizes 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12. (The Fine Touch)
I also got a $7.99 with a size 2 liner and rounds in the sizes 8, 16 and 24. (Master's Touch)
My little plastic folding palette was $2.99. (Master's Touch)
I picked up a $3.99 Pitt Artist Pen too. I got the 0.6 mm fine tip with black India ink. (Faber-Castell)


Next, my cheap paints! lol I got this $13.99 set of 24 tube watercolor paints. (The Fine Touch)
I will have some color swatches below! You can also see them in my palette.
I got 6x8 and 9x12 paper books too.


Here is what the palette looks like when it's open. There are 20 paint wells and then 5 other areas to mix colors. There are also little brushes holders and a place to place your thumb. Pretty decent for the price. It will work for now! I squeezed in my paints and will wait for them to dry. They can be activated again with water. :)


 Here are some quick color swatches of the paints. I got most of them here. I think there was one blue and then the gray and black that didn't fit into my palette. I might end up scraping out a red or two later to make room for those though. A few of the reds look quite similar. I didn't use a whole lot of paint and there is still plenty, so it won't be much of a loss. :)

All together I spent about $30 on everything. I used a 40% off coupon on my paints!

I will share some of my little paintings soon. :)
I'm glad to have the always important camera back so I can start sharing again. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment