Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Review: Capture the Moment

http://images.randomhouse.com/cover/9780770435271?height=450&alt=no_cover_b4b.gifPhotography is one of my favorite hobbies! Here is another beautiful book that I was sent to review by the CEO of Clickin Moms, Sarah Wilkerson. As the cover states, it is "the modern photographer's guide to finding beauty in everyday and family life."

Capture the Moment by Sarah Wilkerson
Published by: Penguin Random House on April 7th, 2015
Pages: 246
Format: Hardcover
Source: Blogging for Books
 

About Sarah Wilkerson:

SARAH WILKERSON is CEO of Clickin Moms, which was founded by professional photographer Kendra Okolita in March 2008 and has grown to become the photography industry’s largest female-photographer social network. Wilkerson, a graduate of Duke University and the University of Texas School of Law, lives with her husband, three sons, and a daughter. Wilkerson teaches advanced courses on photography composition and creativity.

Book Synopsis: 

This modern guide to photography pairs big, bold images with short, focused tips for translating everyday life into stunning works of art. Featuring contributions by the members of Clickin Moms, the photography industry’s largest social network of female photographers, this guide captures the beauty of family life—whether it’s a child’s unfinished bowl of cereal or a sunlit trip to the lake. With tips progressing from elementary to advanced, this book is perfect for amateurs and professionals alike, covering equipment, composition, posing, low light, natural light, black and white, still life, and lifestyle photography. Assignments for experimenting with lighting and shooting locations round out the chapters, providing photographers with both the inspiration and skills they need to document those unforgettable, frame-worthy moments in time.

My Thoughts and More: 

I've never taken a photography class before, but I have relatives that have. I would go on what tidbits of information they would share, maybe some things I picked up online... I'd go with what I just thought looked nice. When I opened this book, I saw many photos that really told me a story, and thus inspiring me to grab my camera and find a worthy subject to photograph. Capture the Moment has big, bold photos and short tips that are straight to the point. It's not a long boring manual that you'll want to put down after a few minutes, and it's written in a way that photographers of all kinds of skill levels can understand.

The chapters include: natural light, composition, storytelling, fine art, black and white, and low light.

I also appreciate the short reference section at the end that helps explain some more technical photography terms. This book kind of makes me want to take my camera everywhere and really capture my family's life in stills. I will use the tips and tricks in this book no matter the subject I am photographing... although now it has really inspired me to take more photos of my four nieces! This is definitely a book I will come back to again and again.

Short Book Preview: 

Click the images to see them larger. :)





Links & More:

Thanks for visiting! I hope you liked my review!
To purchase this book and see more of the inside, visit here!
Disclamer: I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment