Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Kiss Nail Dress: Apply & Review

I received this package of Kiss Nail Dress nail stickers in my Varsity Vox Box from Influenster! I thought I would do a quick review on them since I tried them out today. :) You get 28 stickers in each package. It also says that there are 14 different sizes so they fit all nails. You also get a small nail file and booklet telling more about the designs and how to use the stickers. The design I got includes pink with black dots and then black with pink dots. They have shiny little round "stones" on the bottoms too. These can be used on finger nails and toe nails. Price wise, I think they range from $6.99 to $10.99 depending on where you re buying them from.




These nails aren't really like the Sally Hansen ones that I have tried before. These nails are thicker and not really foil like as are the Sally Hansen ones, which are real nail polish. I'm not sure what these ones are made of. They aren't hard to peel off the plastic sheets at all. After finding one that fit my nail, I had to try to place it properly and smooth it out as flat as possible. Some nails were harder than others to smooth out and align properly. This kind of thing takes patience. lol Once you have the sticker laid down as neatly as possible, it's time to file the excess off. Bend the sticker over the end of your nail like I am showing in this photo.


I used the rougher side (blue) of the file in quick little motions straight across the tip of my nail. I think that if I would have moved in the up to down motion, I would have ended up peeling some of the sticker off. This method worked for me and the tips of my nails stayed neat and covered by the sticker still. Then I used the less rough side (pink) to smooth out the tip of my nail again and get other little pieces of sticker left overs off. This part was quicker and easier than actually applying the sticker for me! lol






I still had some places on the edges of some nails that weren't covered by the sticker. I'm sure to avoid this I could have gone a size up and cut them to fit, but I was too lazy! lol Feel free to try it though! :) There were also a few nails with little ripples on the tips. Some came out after I gently used a nail on the other hand to pull upwards and get the little air bubbles out. Others were little creases that I couldn't remove. These little nicks only bug me at a very close inspection though. The nails overall look really cute and neat.


 As for the little booklet inside, it goes over the directions once more and also shows more of the available sticker designs. On the back, it shows that you can cut the stickers and make your own custom designs. What a great idea! I might have to try this with the left over stickers from this package.

Here is one hand finished! I like how they came out and I am interested in trying these again. The package says they last up to 10 days and you just have to peel them off when you want to remove them. After washing some dishes and a shower within 24 hours, they were still stuck on really good. After 4 days, the tips really started to wear down and I began to peel some off. They come off rather easily, but some left a little sticky residue. Nothing some polish remover can't fix. I was using my hands pretty often... always typing, feeding my many rabbits and cleaning my mess of a room. lol So with lighter use, I am sure they would last a little longer. I would still recommend these for others to try. They are pretty fun! I also recommend trying out the Sally Hansen ones. They look great and last a long time. :)

2 comments:

  1. These are such a pain but the polka dots are soo cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! lol I think the next time I try them out, it will only be for a special occasion... because otherwise I don't think it's worth all the effort. Haha!

      Delete