Sunday, November 10, 2013

NYC Big Bold Gloss Review

I got this NYC Big Bold Gloss gloss from my Varsity Vox Box from Influenster! It is supposed to be a plumping gloss and it is in the shade Pleasantly Plump Pink. You get 0.39 oz of gloss for $3.99. After reading up on it, I discovered that there are quite a few shades (12 of them I think). This shade is a light pink that goes with anything. :)



When you unscrew the cap, the first thing you will notice is that the applicator is huge. lol It seems at about 3 times the size of the average doe foot applicator. You get your lips glossed in one stroke! Also, the gloss comes out rather goopy. I always open it slowly and then take some off the applicator by rubbing it on the side. Once you actually apply the gloss, you should find that it isn't sticky and goopy on your lips. It goes on thinner than expected. I was surprised by that! It actually felt quite nice especially compared to the e.l.f glosses that can be horribly sticky. Since the gloss is supposed to be plumping, it will make your lips tingle a little after a few seconds.



The color actually has a little pigment to it, which is nice too. After looking up the other shades, they all seem to actually give off some color. There is fine glitter which adds some nice shimmer, but it doesn't seem to be super shiny... or very plumping, to be honest. It does give the pouty lip effect, but I don't see big results. The smell and flavor seem to be similar to vanilla, but I can't say it it particularly good smelling. lol

Here is the gloss on my previously bare lips.


On left is my lips with a hot pink lipstick on and no gloss, and on the right is the same lipstick after I added the gloss.



I wouldn't say they are the best out there, but they aren't terrible either. It's a lot of gloss or the money and I still like the way it looks and feels on my lips. :) I keep it in my purse all the time.The lasting power is actually pretty good as well. I don't need to reapply it every 5 minutes, which is how I feel with a lot of cheaper glosses. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment