Thursday, November 14, 2013

November 2013 Ipsy Glam Bag & Look

If you have never heard of Ipsy, check out their website to learn more!
This is my first ever Glam Bag and I quite like it. I wish I could continue with my subscription, but money is tight. I just wanted to try it once, at least! lol Take a look at everything I got in my bag this month, with swatches and more info. I also created a look with all the products from the bag. :)

The Products


The bag this month is metallic gold snakeskin with a pink zipper and little wrist strap!

1. PIXI BEAUTY- Bronzer - Subtly Suntouched
2. EM MICHELLE PHAN - Lash Gallery Mascara - Dramatic Volume
3. BH COSMETICS - Galaxy Chic Baked Eyeshadow Sample - Neptune
4. NAILTINI - Straight Up Color Nail Lacquer - Champagne
5. BE A BOMBSHELL - Lip Crayon - Shameless
6. STARLOOKS - Gem Eye Pencil - Topaz

Color Swatches & Information

1. PIXI BEAUTY- Bronzer - Subtly Suntouched
"This bronzing powder gives your complexion the warmth and luminosity of naturally sunkissed skin. Hydrating, silky-smooth & long-wearing, it also protects against free radicals. Contains Vitamin E to protect the skin and mica, which provides dense natural pigment."

I didn't get a picture of this since it matched my skin and you could barely see it. It has some very subtle shimmer and I think it is best used on the days where you are going for the look of minimal makeup. lol It could be used as a highlighter on someone with skin darker than my own though. Unless you have porcelain white skin, I don't think it would be much of a "bronzer". I suppose it could even be used as an eyeshadow too.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2. EM MICHELLE PHAN - Lash Gallery Mascara - Dramatic Volume
 "Inspired by the girl who wants to rock out with her lashes. Amp it up and create instant lash drama with a single coat. Uniquely-designed spoon brush 'cup' and quickly builds lashes with rich color and volume."

The formula is very wet, as I assume all or most volumizing mascaras are. It smells like flowers... not like a lotion or perfume flower smell, but like walking through a flower garden. lol I have pretty average looking lashes to begin with... nothing fancy about them. So in my opinion, this was a decent mascara. I think my lashes definitely look more voluminous and dramatic. It's hard to get used to such a wet mascara! I haven't used many like this, so I can't compare it to others, sadly. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 3. BH COSMETICS - Galaxy Chic Baked Eyeshadow Sample - Neptune
"This Galaxy Chic Baked Eyeshadow Sample will take you from Plain Jane to an infinite trendsetter. Inspired by the moons and planets of the universe, eyeshadow shades range from hot sun-orange to cool earth-blue and colors of the Milky Way. Be as chic as a sparkling star!"

Neptune is a bright shimmery blue color. This is a baked eyeshadow. Some people get put off by colors like this, but if you use it right, you can make beautiful eye looks. The shadow is very pigmented, blendable and buildable. The actual Galaxy Chic palette has some very neat colors in it, if you want to check it out. I was hoping to get the color Asteroid, but this is a nice color too.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 4. NAILTINI - Straight Up Color Nail Lacquer - Champagne
"Just one of Nailtini's top-shelf, 3-free nail lacquer, available in dozens of shades, textures and finishes. Wear them alone or layered to create custom looks and effects, each one a cocktail unto itself. Cheers to beauty, and as always, apply responsibly!"

This is such an interesting shade. I really like it too. When looking at the bottle a few things come to mind... copper, pink, gold. They seem to be all swirled into one. It does resemble champagne as well, in my opinion. lol I just recently painted my nails, so I put it on top of the very dark plum color that was already a few days old. It covered it very nicely. I only used two coats. Didn't have to try hard at all. :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 5. BE A BOMBSHELL - Lip Crayon - Shameless
"A glossy lip crayon with a smooth texture that is perfect for travel and touch-ups on the go. Apply to top and bottom lips for full coverage. For sheer coverage, apply to lower lip only and blot lips together. For more color, apply several coats until you receive desired results."

The swatch is on the same hand as the eyeliner, so it will be down a little further! Anyway, I really like this color! It's a pretty berry color... I'm going to go with "raspberry". I like this a lot and I think it's a great color to wear for fall too. It goes on really smooth and pigmented. It's also shimmery, which I love in a lip product. lol The description on the site says, 'a burgundy with shimmer' as the color description.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

6. STARLOOKS - Gem Eye Pencil - Topaz
"The Starlooks Gem Eye Pencils provide a magnificent metallic finish and are so versatile, soft, and creamy that they can be used as a liner or eyeshadow base! Each highly-pigmented, unique pencil has a gorgeous, micro-glitter finish."

This metallic silver eyeliner is so pretty.I think it's great to line the lower lash line. It will definitely make your eyes pop and shine through. lol I never thought I would go for such a metallic and shiny liner, but it really is pretty to look at! I'll have to find more ways to use it. :) After reading the description, I do have to wonder about using it as an eyeshadow base too now. I'll be testing this more, for sure. It glided pretty well on my hand and then on my eyes. I'd say it is pretty soft and creamy like they state. The only part I hate is that I'll have to sharpen it! lol

The image below shows the eyeliner as well as the lip crayon.

The November 2013 Glam Bag Look




 I used all the products that came in my bag, plus my LA Colors palette in Cafe Au Lait and my Revlon Luxurious Color Smoky Crayon eyeliner. :) Thanks for sticking around! Check out Ipsy and all the brands from this month's bag!


2 comments:

  1. Well you picked a great month to try Ipsy since we got SIX products!! I also got the Topaz liner - love love love it! And I got the BH Cosmetics but in Aphrodite but I must say Neptune is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I thought so too! I was so excited when I found out I was off the waiting list. The $10 was a heck of a deal for all this. I really liked pretty much everything. :) I really wanted to get the eye shadow in Asteroid, but Neptune is pretty too. lol

      Delete