Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara

I recently received a package from Influenster/Rimmel London for being a runner up for a Rimmel badge from one of my Vox Boxes. Inside I got the new Retro Glam Mascara! I love trying out mascaras because I find my lashes so hopeless and boring. I'm always looking for something to make them more fancy and dramatic without using falsies (which I hate to use)! So thank you dearest Influenster and also Rimmel London for providing the products for them. :)

So, let's read up on this baby!

It’s Retro Mania! Bold, Wide-eyed false lash look!
Bold, wide-eyed false lash look.
Hour-glass brush shaped to the lash line to plump lashes, fanning them up and out for bold, wide-eyed volume.
Coats lashes individually for a big, false lash look in one simple stroke. No clumps!


* * * * * *


This mascara seems to have very good ratings on their website... let's get a closer look.


Here is that hour glass shaped brush. I will admit that it can take a little practice with such a large brush. I got it on my eyelid a bit. lol The large end really helps coat and separate your lashes in one swipe. I noticed no clumping and I didn't have any of that panda eye action going on later in the day either. I can't even imagine what this could do for people who already have the long, beautiful lashes that I dream of.

Here is a comparison. You can see my lashes with nothing on them, and then with two quick coats of the mascara. I am quite satisfied with the results! My lashes look much longer and a bit fuller. They certainly do seem to flare up a bit too. I don't tend to apply thick layers of mascara, so this might even be improved with a 3rd coat, the way I apply it. lol

Retro Glam retails for around $6, so it's pretty affordable. I have been loving more and more Rimmel products lately. This one hasn't disappointed me! lol I think Maybelline and Rimmel are my favorite drugstore brands out there... and we can't leave out Wet n Wild... they make some killer eyeshadow. ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment