Friday, December 27, 2013

First Trip to Ulta!

I recieved a giftcard for Ulta this Christmas! It was just set up here this summer. The funny/sad part is that I spent it on "drugstore" brand makeup! I thought to myself, "Do I spend all $40 on one makeup palette? Or do I buy a few things that I know I need?"

 Knowing that I had absolutely no money at the moment to take my booty over to Walmart, I decided to spend this "free" money on some things I knew I needed right now. It's hard for me to justify spending so much on a eyeshadow palette or something, when I know I can find a product just as good or sometimes better for half the price or cheaper. I couldn't let myself do it! lol I did enjoy checking out the store though! It was like a fantastic dream! They are always having sales and sending out coupons in their ads that come in the newspaper... I'm sure I will be back soon. There is a few dollars left on my card! ;) 

Here are the three things that I picked up while exploring the store. I'll probably be back to give better reviews after using everything. :)

1. Real Techniques: Core Collection Brush Set - $17.99

Check them out, here!

Great looks start with a flawless base. Create a perfect canvas with this collection of coverage essentials by Real Techniques.
  • Includes 4 full-size brushes + case:
  • Detailer brush: precision cut to effortlessly conceal problem areas; or, use with lipstick for long-lasting shape and definition
  • Pointed foundation brush: use with liquid foundation to build custom coverage
  • Buffing brush: ideal for full coverage application of powder and mineral foundation
  • Contour brush: delicately applies highlighter to contour or create sheer, soft-focus finish
  • Panoramic brush case is a 2-in-1 case + stand
  • Look pixel-perfect even in harsh light
  • Ultra-plush, synthetic taklon bristles are hand-cut and 100% cruelty-free
  • Extended aluminum handles are light and easy to use

2. Rimmel London: Fix & Perfect Pro Primer - $7.99

Check it out, here!

Skin perfecting primer for 5-in-1 results: smoothes, resurfaces, brightens, matifies and protects. Prolongs foundation wear.
  • Foundation glides on more smoothly, more evenly and wears longer. Or wear alone for an all-day fresh and even complexion.
  • Smoothes to minimize pores
  • Resurfaces for an even complexion
  • Brightens skin all day
  • Mattifies and eliminates shine
  • Protects skin from environmental aggressors

3. Maybelline: Dream Smooth Mousse - $8.99

Check it out, here!

Revolutionary whipped formula provides an air-soft, perfect matte finish coverage, with a weightless feel. Color pigments offer superior coverage. Blends effortlessly for a soft, natural-looking, even-toned result.
  • Unique cream-whipped foundation provides 100% baby-smooth perfection
  • Skin looks and feels hydrated for 14 hours – never rough or dry
  • Ideal for normal to dry skin types
  • Oil-free, fragrance-free, Dermatologist-tested, allergy-tested, non-comedogenic – won’t clog pores, safe for sensitive skin

1 comment: