Monday, October 21, 2013

DIY Autumn/Halloween Decor

Autumn is here and Halloween is right around the corner! Our house and yard had no decorations around (except the fallen leaves which are taking over the yard). I decided to put my bottle of Mod Podge to good use! I decorated some pumpkins, two flameless candles, and one recycled glass candle holder (not fall themed, will share later!). I also bought some things at Dollar Tree to add some Halloween sass to the yard.


I gathered various crafty stuff from our craft room. Besides the Mod Podge, I used some artsy paper, halloween scrapbook paper, glitter, lace, silk flowers, ribbon, feathers, 3-D paper flowers, buttons, and a glue gun.


I used lace, ribbon, buttons, feathers and silk flowers (all applied with a glue gun) for the pumpkin on the left. For the pumpkin on the right, I used halloween scrapbook paper and glitter (both applied with Mod Podge), ribbon, feathers and silk flowers.

For these flameless candles (from Dollar Tree), I used the Mod Podge to apply some green artsy paper. It reminds me of slime or swampy stuff with all the holes in the paper. I also added some left over words that I cut from the Halloween scrapbook paper that I used for one of my pumpkins. I used a little bit of glitter in some of the empty spaces. They look cute in our entry way!




For the yard decorations, I went to Dollar Tree. I bought two strands of mini skeletons and some "keep out" caution table. We also had a few pumpkin signs laying around too. It's not much right now, but it's something! I was thinking about getting some big glow in the dark plastic spiders or something to add to our fence too. Maybe some little bats as well! I'll be updating with more pictures if I add anymore decorations. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment