Monday, October 28, 2013

Salvation Army Haul

I went to one of my favorite places this week.. twice! This place, you ask? Salvation Army!

The first day I went, it was near closing... I headed straight for the books! I filled up a bag of books and picked up few little rabbit knick knacks. The second trip was much longer (lots of time browsing and in the dressing room) and I came home with some new clothing! :) Thrift shopping is great for relieving stress... finding a good bargain really makes ya feel good!

Shopping Day 1:

I got the "fill a bag of books" deal for only $1.99! I also picked up some cute little rabbits to add to my always growing collection of rabbit things. I plan on using most of the books as Christmas presents this year for my nieces and nephew.


These are the books I got for myself! There is also a Sherlock Holmes PC game ($1.99) that my mom bought for me too.  The books are The Secret Garden, 50 Ways to Pamper Yourself, Bloodline, The Nightmarys and a set of 6 Ultimate Puppy training books.

Some of these books are for my nephew. He is always taking his Pikachu stuffy with him, so I saw the Pokemon books and immediately thought of my childhood and him. They are in excellent condition considering they are from the late 90s. All of the coloring books have been untouched and still have all their stickers and tattoos. I might sell a few or keep one too. I'm sure there are some collectors out there that would love them. lol Same goes for a few Star Wars books that I found.

 The two children's books (Unlovable and Eating the Alphabet) are for my nieces and I also found a Spiderman Super Thriller paperback called Warrior's Revenge.

Last, I found these three little bunny knick knacks to fuel my obsession with all things bunny. The mother rabbit reading to her little bun-child was 69 cents and the adorable little pair of rabbits were 59 cents each.

 

Total: $4.09


Shopping Day 2:

I found quite a few things to try on... more than I think ever before. As usual, about half of the things I picked out actually fit me well or looked nice. lol For some amazing reason, everything was 25% off. I got an even better deal than usual. I saved between 37 and 67 cents on each piece of clothing. Overall, it was a great shopping day!


Dark navy blue Eddie Bauer rose sweater ($1.99)

 Green print Paris Sport Club sweater ($2.29)

 DBY Ltd. black lace dress ($2.69)


Dark navy blue and floral Old Navy dress ($2.69)


Navy blue and white floral Faded Glory dress ($1.69)

Dark purple abstract floral Elle top ($1.69)

Minty green pleated vintage rose skirt ($1.49)

Total: $11.28

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment