Sunday, October 6, 2013

Haul: First Impressions

First, I will start by saying that all my hauls are usually pretty small! lol At the most there would probably be about 5 items. :) This haul is from my trip to Walmart last night. It all started because I painted my nails and forgot I didn't have any more top coat... after choosing my top coat, I thought it would be a great idea to look around some more... why do I do this to myself??? Anyway, here are my first impressions! I will probably be back again within a few weeks to review them all fully. :) I apologize for the blah quality photos. My Canon is dead and I used my mom's camera... which is not very good. lol

1. Sally Hansen Dries Instantly Top Coat - $3.97

I used another Sally Hansen base coat/top coat before and after a while it got very goopy and I couldn't use it anymore. It started to also ruin my nail designs by smudging them which ticked me off! I want to say it was the Hard as Nails one. I've liked other Sally Hansen products before though, so I thought I would give this top coat a try. Right at the get go, saying "instantly" makes me think... impossible. lol At that point I was thinking, even if it just dries rather quickly I would be totally satisfied! This bottle is 0.45 fl oz.
I applied it to my nails that were painted the day before, but I did touch up the edges of my nails with fresh polish. I always let it set for about 30 seconds before putting on a top coat. It is quite a thin top coat (which I like) and it didn't pick up any of the polish I used to touch up my nails. So I hope it never does when I try it on an entirely fresh paint job! We shall see! I'd say this dried pretty quickly. Probably in about 1 minute. It does leave a nice shine on my nails too. This top coat claims to do a lot of things... quick drying, anti chipping and smudging, strong glass like finish, UV absorbers protect against yellowing and fading... I will test this baby out a few more times and I'll get back to you!

2. Rimmel London BB Cream Beauty Balm - $6.99

I don't usually use liquid foundation on my face because I found that it was just too hard to choose one that works on my skin. I didn't want to keep spending money and not liking the product or color. I've tried a few tinted moisturizers with better luck though. I always do a light layer of a powder foundation and color correctors just to try and cover up my redness and such. I thought it would be a good idea to try a BB cream after hearing so much about them. To me it sounded like a "one stop shop" kind of deal. I could put this on quickly and get out of the house with a great looking face! After looking around on YouTube for reviews, I decided that this cream by Rimmel London would be a great place to start. This product is 1 fl oz. I got it on sale for $5.47. :) I got it in the color Light.


Rimmel claims that it's a 9-in-1 skin perfecting super makeup. Yes, please! It also has SPF 25 which is lovely because I have fair skin. The label on the back says it primes, moisturizes, minimizes pores, conceals, covers, smooths, mattifies, brightens, helps protect and lasts all day! I NEED ALL OF THAT. I have acne prone skin that is always pretty red, I have large pores and could use some mattifying and concealing. lol I tested it on my arm real quick to get a feel for it. It is nice a creamy and not globby at all. I rubbed it into my skin and saw results already. It has a nice finish on it. Made the skin look soft and glowy. It also covered up my red rimmed bunny scratches very well. So I am hoping that it can achieve the same thing on my face! lol I am really excited to give this a go. :)

3. Wet n Wild Color Icon Bronzer - $3.93

Winter will be here soon... and my decent tan from the summer will disappear... I couldn't pass up the good deal on this. lol The packaging caught my eye right away. It's huge and has a pretty sun imprinted in the power. I'm sold. I got this in the color Ticket to Brazil (739) and it is .46 oz.


The color is quite pretty. It seems to have a satin type finish on it. It's not crazy shimmery or totally matte. After I blended it out, I thought it looked rather nice on my skin. Gave it a bronze glowing look that I am sure to appreciate when I become horribly pale again. It has SPF 15 too. Yay for more sun protection! I think this will do the job I need it too.

Well, I think I picked out some decent items! I am excited to really put them to use. Like I said before, I will be back to do full reviews of them once I have gotten to know them better. I will also try to get some batteries for my Canon... ;-P

No comments:

Post a Comment