Saturday, January 18, 2014

My Smash Book! [1]

I have had a Smash Book laying around for months! Tonight, I finally decided to do a couple pages in it! Along with this Smash Book, I will be doing pages in Mess and also Wreck This Journal (when it arrives). I am hoping that I can get my creative juices flowing again. I've been feeling brain dead this winter. If you aren't familiar with Smash Books, here is a short video made by K&Company that might help you better understand what they are for. Smash Books can be homemade in any type of book, but K&Company has a brand called SMASH that produces "Folios" in different themes as well as many different kinds of fun accessories to decorate your book. :)


The book that I decided on is called the Pretty Pink SMASH Folio! The design on the cover is what first caught my eye. I love the pages inside! They are very vintage looking, and that speaks to me! lol I've seen some great ideas on Pinterest for adding some color to the flowers on the cover. Just search "smash book" on Pinterest and you will find some great inspiration and examples.



The first two pages I did are covered in... bunnies! I have a deep love for all things rabbit. I have rabbit plushies, books, ornaments, artwork, and figures of various materials all over my bedroom and all kinds of pet rabbits outside. :) For these pages, I cut illustrations out of books that I bought on a few different trips to Salvation Army. I had the little purple inspirational card for many, many years. I drew the silhouette of a rabbit on a miniature canvas pennant. I also had some rabbit sticky "flags" that I bought on ebay last year. I used some fancy mini tape with buttons on it... I even had a bunny shaped paper punch! There is a silver brad in the top left corner of the first page. At the bottom of that page is a picture of a cute lop bunny from the package of an Easter candy bar. I save some odd things... but at least now I can "smash" them!



I think I did pretty well for my first smash session! Really, there isn't a right or a wrong with these kind of projects. That's the best part. You make your book however you want. It will reflect your own personality and creativity. :) As I do more pages I will update here on the blog! I will also be doing pages from Mess and Wreck This Journal like I mentioned before. Thanks for checking out my new pages! See you again soon!

2 comments:

  1. I have a few of these smash books and really need to work on them! they're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just went to Hobby Lobby to see if they had more Smash stuff, but it looks like they don't sell it anymore... There were a few things in the clearance section, but that was it. Made me pretty sad! lol After this one is done, I might make another in an old composition book or in one of the beat up vintage books I have. :)

      Delete