Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Freeman Charcoal & Black Sugar Mask

This is another review of a Freeman Beauty mask! I've also posted about the Freeman Avocado & Oatmeal Clay Mask and the Queen Helene's Mint Julep Clay Masque. Check them out too! This is the Charcoal & Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask. I've only ever used clay masks before, so I thought this could be a bit interesting! The big tube (6 oz) is priced at only $3.99 and the smaller packages (.5 oz) were $1.37 each at Walmart, but $1.99 on their website. And again, I have combination dry/oily skin which can be slightly sensative since I am fair skinned. :)

On the package: Polution…debris…it's a wonder skin can breathe! This unique mask and scrub works double time to detox skin. First, naturally purifying Activated Charcoal helps absorb oil and impurities without over-drying. The, Black Sugar helps exfoliate away dulling skin cells for softness and clarity. Perfect for all skin types.

Directions: Apply mask to face and neck, avoiding contact with eyes. Leave on for 5 to 7 minutes. Rinse with warm water. Gently massage for 1 to 2 minutes and rinse with warm water.



Unlike with my clay masks that I use a brush to apply, I used my hands for this one. It was kind of difficult to spread around since obviously the texture isn't smooth, but grainy from the sugar! lol The smell was quite nice though. As you can see in the pictures below, it goes on quite chunky. Also unlike the clay masks I've used, you only leave this one on 5 to 7 minutes instead of the 15 to 20 minutes. You can see that under the mask my skin is a bit red... that is because this mask heated up my skin! I wasn't really expecting, but it wasn't unbearable. If you have really sensitive skin, this might not be for you. I can have sensitivity to some skin care products being a strawberry blonde with fairer skin. It was a little uncomfortable, but I waited it out and I liked the results I got in the end. :)


In these next pictures you can see what happens after you massage the sugar scrub for a couple minutes. I added a bit of water to my hands to make it easier to move the scrub around since it had dried a bit. Then I removed the mask with warm water over my sink. Once I rinsed, I was very happy. lol My skin felt so soft and clean! I didn't even have to put on moisturizer like I usually do with the clay masks. I felt the wonderful effects for days and I'll be glad to do this one again!

If you ever feel like your skin needs a deep clean and you don't mind a mask that heats up, this could be a great and very cheap option for you. I think it was a pretty interesting, but good experience for my first non-clay mask! My next mask is a paper one which I have never tried before either. lol That should be interesting too. After that, I think I will make a trip back to Walmart so I can try a few more. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love Freeman Beauty's masks!! If you want to pick up some more, Ulta does a buy one get one free every once in awhile!

    I tried the paper ones and I didn't like them. Too weird and annoying to leave on my face!

    ReplyDelete