Thursday, January 9, 2014

Wreck This Journal... and more!

Happy New Year! I wish I could say that mine has started off well, but I can't. lol We won't get into that though! It's time to be joyful! So, since I was in the top 20 for a certain badge on Influenster, I was rewarded with $10 to use on Amazon! I love to buy books on Amazon and I recently chose three and put my $10 towards the total.

The first two sparked my interest long ago, but I didn't have money at the time... so I sadly forgot about them. Recently I watched a video by one of my favorite YouTubers and she purchased one so I was yet again reminded of these fun books! I can't wait for them to arrive! If you read the description of the first book, you'll have a better understanding of what the journals are. :) The last book is actually more for my 4-H rabbit kids. I am always collecting rabbit books. lol The titles are links to Amazon so you can look inside and purchase. Check peoples journals on Pinterest, YouTube and Tumblr too! Once I get the journals and start using them, I will update the blog with my progress. :)

Wreck This Journal (Black) Expanded Edition by Keri Smith


For anyone who's ever had trouble starting, keeping, or finishing a journal or sketchbook comes this expanded edition of Wreck This Journal, an illustrated book that features a subversive collection of prompts, asking readers to muster up their best mistake and mess-making abilities and to fill the pages of the book (or destroy them). Through a series of creatively and quirkily illustrated prompts, acclaimed artist Keri Smith encourages journalers to engage in "destructive" acts--poking holes through pages, adding photos and defacing them, painting pages with coffee, coloring outside the lines, and more--in order to experience the true creative process. With Smith's unique sensibility, readers are introduced to a new way of art and journal making, discovering novel ways to escape the fear of the blank page and fully engage in the creative process.

This journal also comes in red, duct tape and paper bag pattens!


Mess: The Manual of Accidents and Mistakes by Keri Smith


Your whole life you've been taught to avoid making a mess: Try to keep everything under control, color inside the lines, make it perfect, and at all costs, avoid contact with things that stain.

This book asks you to do the opposite of what you have been taught. Think of it as your own personal rumpus room. A place to let loose, to trash, to spew, to do the things you are not allowed to do in the "real world." It's time to make a mess.

The only three rules you'll find in this book:
1. Do not try to make something beautiful.
2. Do not think too much. (There is no "wrong.")
3. Continue under all circumstances.


 Rabbit Book: A Guide to Raising and Showing Rabbits

by Samantha Johnson


This invaluable resource contains everything you need to know about selecting and caring for healthy rabbits, whether you keep pet bunnies or exhibit animals as National FFA Organization or 4-H youth projects. Advice on feeding, housing, and much more will help you set up your own rabbitry. Learn about maintaining clean hutches and nest boxes, breeding trios and raising kits, and diagnosing and treating health problems. The Rabbit Book gathers information about showing many different kinds of rabbits at fairs and events, including fancy, Angora, and commercial meat breeds. Beautifully illustrated with color photography, this guidebook covers everything you need to know to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment