Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse Review

Here is one of those reviews I promised! I bought the Dream Smooth Mousse foundation by Maybelline at Ulta around Christmas time. I don't usually use a foundation because I knew how hard it can be to find the right one! lol With winter in full swing though, I also knew that my skin was probably going to start looking terrible. I couldn't have that this year! So I try to do lots of moisturizing and such to keep the dry flakes away. It doesn't help at all that I also have oily spots too though. I did a lot of internet research to try to find the best drug store foundation I could that I thought would work for my skin. I quite like this one after trying it a few times. You should be able to find this under $10 at places like Walmart, Walgreens, Ulta, etc. Foundations can be hard to review... everyone's skin is different and we all have our preferences too!

Before applying my face makeup, I always use moisturizer and a face primer. I'd say this is a medium coverage foundation. I will also say that a little can go a long way. I use my Real Techniques buffing brush to apply this. I just dab it a couple times in the foundation and then dot that lightly on some various spots on half of my face. Then I start to buff away. I'll repeat the same process on the other side of my face and then again on my neck. You really don't need a lot of this product to see it work. It goes on very easily and smooth. The texture is super creamy and it blends out very well. I had a terrible skin day this morning... super red and splotchy! This covered it up great and I liked the way my skin looked. It did a good job of covering the redness and hiding my large pores. I put a mattifying powder on my t-zone just to make sure that I wouldn't be getting oily.

I think this is a good foundation for people with dry skin in the winter season. To me, it feels pretty light on my skin too. It has decent lasting power. I think the shade selection could be a lot better. There really isn't that many to choose from. I settled on Nude Beige. I do feel like it comes off a bit... yellow? As I said before, it covered up the redness of my skin and helped to hide the large pores. It really did create a near flawless looking finish for me. I don't think I would use the sponge to apply the foundation. I feel like it would probably go on too thick. You might want to test a few methods and see what works best for you! This foundation seems perfect for me and I will probably be repurchasing it. I might try a shade lighter just to see how much of a difference it makes.  I give you a 5 out of 5, Dream Smooth Mousse! Even if you are more of a cream than a mousse. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment